Friday, January 28, 2011
This is a screen shot of the in progress monster. The weird hair is textures with opacity mask layers on top of solid colors.
Final monster from in class. Added a simple solid color to the background to help the skin tone contrast and stand out.
In class I created these monsters. I used a colored version of the textures I made to fill the monsters. I liked contrasting the texture with blocks of solid color.
Outside of class I made one more monster. With this one I made the patterns more subtle, it may be difficult to notice on such a small file.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Because for every cute Pikachu.. There's an ugly one....
I used a couple different techniques here ..
Clipping masks are used for all the larger shapes.
For the shading, I turned individual brush strokes into objects, and individually scaled, rotated, and positioned them to make them look more natural. I ended with a splatter texture over the whole background.
Posted by teaganwhite at 3:19 PM