Friday, December 16, 2011

Hope Finley - Final Project

SCENE ONE
Photobucket

SCENE TWO
Photobucket

SCENE THREE
Photobucket

DETAILS ETC
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They stepped across the threshold and found themselves on a wide terrace. Below them, shut in by the tall houses, was the village square, crowded with Indians. Bright blankets, and feathers in black hair, and the glint of turquoise, and dark skins shining with heat. Lenina put her handkerchief to her nose again. in the open space at the centre of the square were two circular platforms of masonry and trampled clay of underground chambers...
Lenina like the drums. Shutting her eyes she abandoned herself to their soft repeated thunder, allowed it to invade her consciousness more and more completely... Queer, yes. The place was queer, so was the music so were the clothes and the goitres and the skin diseases and the old people. But the performance itself, there seem to be nothing speciall queer about that.
... and then suddenly the leader of the dancers broke out of the line, ran to a wooden chest and pulled out a pair of black snakes. He tossed the snakes to the first-comers, then dipped back in for more. More and more, black snakes and brown and mottled, he flung them out.

8 comments:

  1. Great use of lighting! I'd maybe try to make all the colored lights just a little bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you constructed the little people. Plus all of the really natural progression of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the atmosphere change in the image and the use of color and texture. Im not really sure what is happening the the story but Im guessing its not good because that plant thing in the last image is super creepy.

    I would love to see what is going on in the center of the image a bit more. It looks like you spent a bit of time on that part

    nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the lighting that you did for this project. the colors are awesome and the the composition fits well with the story, i do wish it was a little closer tho but overall its very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really love the texture in this and the way you showed time pass with the lighting I think in the 3rd picture you could exaggerate the shadows even more. Right now it looks pretty similar to the second image, especially when we're so zoomed out. Maybe make longer purple shadows behind the people to emphasize light coming from the fire as the main source.
    Really nice setting and background. Nice colors too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your work a lot, HOPE, not just because I am your friend. And when my friends saw your work, they love them too! It is really cool. I don't what the story is, but I can tell what is happening so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you've handled the scenery and the lighting, though I wish the scene was a smidge closer, so I could see what's going on! Especially with how wonderfully you've rendered/colored the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Yeah! I knew this would turn out nicely!! I love how you've set up the scene - I think I told you this before, but the way you hadnled the environment is really nice with us looking out over that tall vantage point down to the crowd below. I love how you're also changing the lighting with the passing of time. The change in color between the rock on the side wall and the background is nice and really atmospheric. it looks really good! I could see you even adding a couple of extra highlights or shadows in the close-up rock face to add a couple of chipped-or planar-looking points on it! The crowd looks amazing- love how simple they are, but very expressive-- and I love the colors. I really like seeing your close-up shot. One thing that might be nice is if the sky color changed a little bit more, too - like the color of the sun setting was on the first one, then it gets more and more blue? I absolutely love the way you're also using texture on the small details. it's really nice to see that you're brushing in the shadows using dry medium. Looks good! Hey! Thanks for sticking with me on all these crazy painting assignments! You have a lot of talent and I know you'll be able to kick all the ass with these programs as they relate to some of your other design projects, too! :) Its been awesome having you in class again!! Seriously. You're super fun and it was a blast! Keep me posted on how things go next semester!! :) Have an AMAZING break!

    ReplyDelete