Friday, February 25, 2011

Megan Leitschuh- retouched art

^This was a self-portrait (pastels) I did this past summer that was inspired by my neighbor's koi fish pond.
^All I did was use the 'auto' function in the curves adjustment and now it looks the way it does in real life. I (very subtly) fixed the shadows on the face that got washed out. Other than that, it was an easy fix!
This is my pride and joy. It's two feet tall and hanging up in my room. It was my final project for concepts & metaphors. My idea was to show Kat von D as the 'Patron Saint of Tattoos'. :)
From the critique on this illustration, I remember people saying that the outfit blended too much with the paper color. And I could see that even back then, but I had worked on it for 15 hours straight and by that point I was like YEAH, WHATEVER. haha So I made the red a lot deeper and made the lips match too. Someone also suggested that she should have a halo since I was trying to emulate images of the Virgin Mary, so I kind of added one with the brush tool. I'm still not sold on it, but it would look better if I actually did it in pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment